Wednesday, May 6, 2009

All's Quiet on the Western Front

We have no news. I didn't get a phone call or an email today from our adoption agency. My friends, who are also at the same stage of waiting, have no news either. So, I'm going to assume that we didn't get court approval yet.

Yesterday and today have been awful, gloomy, rainy days. The weather is not helping the morale here. But, I was blessed to have my friend Susan drop by along with three of her children. They brought me a bag full of clothes for Kieran that her youngest is too big for. I'm so thankful for the gift! She gave me lots of warm, snuggly outfits that are perfect for this kind of drizzly weather. The stores, on the other hand, think it's a balmy 85 degrees outside! They are all selling shorts and t-shirts exclusively. So, Susan's gift put my heart at rest. Our dear boy won't freeze when we bring him home.

Another thing that I really wanted squared away before we traveled, was purchasing a stroller. Thankfully, REI has a sale going on right now on the stroller we registered for! So, I hustled down there on Friday and bought a BOB Revolution. When I got home and brought it into the house, our cat Piglet immediately began investigating it. It didn't take long for her to make herself at home in the BOB.