Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's time!

We are leaving tomorrow morning...  It doesn't seem real yet that our long journey to Marisa is almost over.  We still have packing to do, but for the most part we're ready.  Kieran is having a great time with Grandma and Grandpa.  We are already missing him and counting the days till we see our sweet boy again.  There are so many thoughts and emotions we're trying to process right now,  joy and sorrow all mixed together...  I really haven't been able to get much done here as I try to get my brain to wrap around what is taking place in our family.  God is sending us a miracle.  We are humbled and so grateful.  


Thank you to all our friends and family for your prayers and support.  When we were in Rwanda, we felt the prayers carrying us through the process to adopt Kieran.  Now, we're about to go "to the ends of the earth" again.  For the past week God has been sending me messages of encouragement that He'll go with us to China.  Sunday's sermon was about how Jesus is called Emmanuel, God with us.  Just today, our adoption agency sent us an uplifting email entitled Psalm 91:11,  which says, "He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."  People have also been calling us and emailing to telling us that they are excited for us and praying for our journey.  If there's ever been a time that I've felt such a need for prayer support, it's now!  Thank you, thank you!!


It's getting late and I still have packing to do so I'll close with a few verses I read recently from Psalm 139 (New Living Translation).  I was filled with hope when I read them; may you be encouraged also.


1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
      and know everything about me.
 2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
      You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
 3 You see me when I travel
      and when I rest at home.
      You know everything I do.
 4 You know what I am going to say
      even before I say it, Lord.
 5 You go before me and follow me.
      You place your hand of blessing on my head.
 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
      too great for me to understand!

What a comfort to know God is both before us and behind us as we travel to meet our daughter.  Wherever you are, please know that God is near to you also.