 |
| Kieran is getting so big! He loves all things transportation related. |
 |
| Our little cutie. She's a happy camper most of the time. |
 |
| Big brother gets to help feed little sister a bottle for the first time. |
 |
| My sleepy heads. They both just woke up from naps. |
 |
| A little cuddle time after nap. Mommy takes naps when the kids do! |
 |
| Kieran decides to help with another bottle. Marisa's being a good sport about it. |
 |
| Our girl is getting some tummy time practice. Crawling to commence soon! |
 |
We finally got our charmer to hold still and smile for the camera.
He was running laps around the family room for Marisa's entertainment. |
 |
| "Look at me family! I'm getting ready to crawl!" |
 |
Tonight there's one less orphan,
and one family that is amazingly blessed to call her ours. |
Hey everybody... We're finally coming out of the fog from jet lag and colds. Marisa is sleeping through the night. Hallelujah. Yesterday I actually left the house for the first time since we got home. I went to the store for baby supplies. Kieran came with me and we had some Mommy & son time. He's going through the typical feelings that kids experience when they get a new sibling. We are doing our best to give him lots of affirmation, affection, and attention. He is doing a good job of being an older brother and is sweet to his sister most of the time. Marisa is doing great. She's a playful, easy going girl overall. She loves to eat, which is a refreshing change of pace. More precious to us, she seems to know who her family is. She's already calling me mama and also says dada to Mike. She calls Kieran bubba sometimes. He loves it, and we love her!! I feel such a sense of contentment to have both a son and a daughter. I'm enjoying both of my kids more now because of what each child is teaching me about the other. I'm realizing how independent Kieran is, and what a blessing that can be. I appreciate that he can talk to me, and can cooperate with me a lot better than his sister can. Because I've seen how quickly Kieran has grown, I'm really enjoying the baby stage with Marisa. She babbles at me and I just melt. She plays peek-a-boo and says "bah" for boo. I love it! I also love to watch both of our kids play happily, either together or separately. There seems to be a good balance now that we are a family of four. However, Mike and I are also challenged to find a balance in how we care for each kid, take care of ourselves, and find time to do all the other chores that need to get done. We so appreciate all of your prayers. They've helped each of us as we're transitioning to a new life. We are also very grateful to my MOPS group as they are bringing us meals this week and next. Having a warm dinner ready to eat has been such a blessing. It has given me more time and energy to devote to my kids and Mike, as they all need extra TLC right now. Mike is recovering from a cold, and is getting his voice back. Thankfully, the rest of us are all healthy! Hugs to all of you from all of us.