Monday, August 16, 2010

We wait for September

Here's an update on our China adoption...

The CCAA has processed LIDs up to the 15th of May.  Our LID is May 16th.  That means we wait for September.  In another month we should be receiving a referral.  We began our process to adopt Marisa in October of 2005.  So, one more month to wait for news of her seems like a very short amount of time!

Since we've experienced one adoption, I have more of a concept of what to expect this time.  But it still blows my mind to think that our daughter is half a world away.  Someone else is taking care of her needs every day.  God bless them for their kindness and care.  My mother's heart aches knowing I can not be there for her right now.  This part of the waiting is the hardest.

So, we're keeping busy as we wait for September.  Last night I made a valance for the nursery.  Mike is planning to hang it up for me today.  I'm also thinking about redecorating Kieran's room since we will be moving his crib/toddler bed into Marisa's room.  I'm wanting to give him a gift of a big boy room with an airplane theme.  Now that I've posted it to the blog, I have to get it done!

This is the bedding (from Pottery Barn) that I'd like to get for Marisa.