Saturday, February 20, 2010

Looking at the future



I took this picture to show how Kieran is starting to outgrow the stroller. (He'd rather be running down the path instead of being strapped in as a happy rider.) Once I uploaded this picture to our computer, I saw something even more precious...the future. It looks like we have two children, not just one. It appears that Mike is pushing a younger child in the stroller while Kieran runs on ahead. In my heart, we do have two children. Our daughter has been growing in our hearts for so many years but, I didn't know how to blog about it, until I saw this photograph. We've been in the process of adopting from China since 2005; it's been a long, slow journey. For the record, God put the dream of adopting a son from Africa in our hearts around the time we began our China adoption. We didn't know that Kieran would end up coming home before his baby sister, but sometimes life's delays are God's way of bringing about miracles. If you are experiencing an unexpected (and agonizing) wait for something you've been praying for, take heart because God brings good things out of the waiting.

So, the news is out, Kieran has a baby sister, we just don't know who she is or when we will finally get to meet her. Optimistically, we'd like to think we'll get a referral around October this year, but realistically it's looking more like February 2011. God knows, and my heart is at rest with the timeframe. (That is a huge attitude change from where I used to be!) Even though we don't know when we'll meet her, we talk about our daughter often. I'm excited for Kieran to be a big brother and to have a playmate! Although he doesn't understand it, he knows that his sister is in China. When you think of us, will you please pray for our daughter, Marisa? We love her already and long to bring her home.