Monday, February 8, 2010
A Family of Three
Kieran is growing so quickly. (He just turned 28 months old!) I'm now buying size 3T shirts for him. Last night when I was attempting to rock him to sleep (it was 9:30 and he was still awake in his crib) I realized how tall he's getting. Rocking him while patting his back was rather goofy as his legs had no place to go. We had a good laugh and he tried to convince me to read him, "one book", instead. When I said no, he renegotiated, "three books!" I laughed and replied, "ZERO books!" So much for getting him soothed to sleep. Don't worry, he did get plenty of rest, eventually. Anyway, I digress...it's not going to be long, and he'll be out of the toddler stage altogether. Sometimes the rapid growth and changes in Kieran is a lot for this new mom to handle. Nine months ago, I was childless. Now I have a son that is walking up and down the stairs on his own, feeding himself with a fork and spoon, and begging to drink out of a glass without a sippy lid. Where is the pause button?? However, each stage he goes through has been fun for different reasons. Right now, we are enjoying Kieran's sense of humor. He is a comedian and loves to make us all laugh at the dinner table. Life is so wonderfully different now that we are a family of three.