Sunday, June 28, 2009
My new favorite bedtime story
Every night before bed, we read Kieran a bedtime story. I bought the book You are My I Love You (by Maryann K. Cusimano) a couple of years ago in hopes of sharing it with my children some day. Tonight was the first time I read it to Kieran. As the story unfolded, I began to cry as it was amazing to finally be doing something I had only dreamed about for so long. Many of the anecdotes in the story perfectly described experiences we've had together as mother and son.
Here are some of my favorite lines: "I am your parent; you are my child. I am your quiet place; you are my wild."..."I am your lullaby; you are my peekaboo. I am your goodnight kiss; you are my I love you." The illustrations, by Satomi Ichikawa, are also endearing. If you haven't read it yet, go check it out! I know this book will be a treasured favorite for years to come.