Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Where Does My Help Come From?

I wrote this post below a few months ago.  For some reason, I never finished it.  However, it seems  appropriate to share it today as we've finally reached the end of our paper chase.  This morning, I decided to go to the UPS store and get all our papers photocopied in case our USCIS document came today.  I felt like it was close to arriving.  I spent the day going over our dossier paper work and making sure everything was in order.  Then, the mail arrived and with it our long awaited document from the USCIS!  God is so good to us.  He is with us every step of the way as we journey through life.


I took this picture around the time our home study was completed.  I decided to add it to this post because it is a reminder to me that the whole journey of adoption is so much bigger than me.  There are many things in this process that are out of our control.  The delays often seem to be man made.  But having completed two adoptions, we've seen how the timing is nothing short of miraculous.  God holds our times in His hands.  As I look at this picture of the sky, a favorite verse of mine comes to mind:

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1 - 2

It's easy to get overwhelmed by the paper work, the long wait, the complications that are a part of adoption, but our help comes from the LORD, and He made all we can see.  It's not too hard for Him.  He makes all things beautiful in His time.