Friday, September 3, 2010

Waiting for news

It's September.  My brain is mush most days.  I should be getting the house cleaned, a meal made, laundry folded.  But instead, I'm at the computer looking for news about China.  I know there won't be any news yet, it's too early in the month for that.  September 17th is the most likely time we'll hear about a referral.  I need to seriously stay away from the computer tomorrow and get something done!

I don't understand this phenomenon that renders me useless.  It happened before we traveled to Rwanda to adopt Kieran.  I was supposed to be packing, but I just sat and stared- totally overwhelmed.  Thank goodness my sister Katie was here to help me pack.  I'm planning to pack for our trip to China well in advance of actually going so that doesn't happen again.   I'm hoping that once we know the details about our daughter, I can get out of this funk and get things done.  There's definitely going to be some shopping going on the near future!

Today I took Kieran shopping, we were in need of diapers.  Yes, potty training is on hold until he's ready.  Sigh.  When we got to the store, I made a beeline for the baby clothes.  There are so many cute clothes out there for girls.  I don't know Marisa's size yet, so I didn't buy her anything.  I can wait another two weeks, right?  We also looked at winter coats, and found a nice green one for Kieran.  (It was too hot to think about winter today, but who can pass up $19.99 for a brand new winter jacket?)  They had adorable pink ones for girls with a heart buckle across the middle.  There was a soft pink and a purplish pink.  I held them up for Kieran to help me chose one.  He looked perplexed,  something like, "Is this for me mom??  I don't wear pink, and especially not with a heart in the middle!"  After I explained that this coat was for Marisa, we decided on the darker pink coat.  It stayed at the store, but I so wanted to get it!

Enough rambling for now.  I'll leave you with a little project I made for a friend that had a baby girl this summer.  I have pink on the brain right now, can you tell?
A baby card I made this past spring.  All supplies from Stampin Up!.