Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Happy May!

"Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!"  Kieran said those sweet words as he delivered my surprise roses to me last week.  It melted my heart!! Mike did a great job of making sure that I had a wonderful first Mother's Day...roses, dinner, shopping, and he installed two ceiling fans too!

Our son has grown so much that he's now able to sit on a stool and eat his snacks.  Of course, he's very proud to be sitting up high.  We're very pleased with his progress too.












Kieran's buddy, Henry, came for a visit recently.  While the boys played, Mandy & I had a wonderful time chatting.  Our families are celebrating one year since our boys came home from Rwanda.  Amazing!



Needless to say, the boys had a blast playing together.  What a blessing to have good friends!

This has truly been a happy May!  Oh, one last thing, our USCIS paperwork is up to date for Marisa's adoption.  One more hurdle out of the way.  (I'm breathing a big sigh of relief.)  Now we just have to sit back and wait for a referral.  I'm thinking maybe this December we'll get her referral.  But that is just a guess.  We are very excited for Kieran to have a baby sister.