Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy spring!

I'm calling this picture Tea and Sympathy.  I had to have endodontic surgery to repair a root canal earlier this month.  My dear friend Mandy sent me get well flowers, which made my day!  I also got a special treat, a chai tea.   It's been an ordeal with three rounds of antibiotics, but I finally feel better!  Which means I have a lot of catching up to do on the blog.  So, I'm just going to do a quick synopsis of all the latest activities here at our place.

In spite of my tooth woes, we've had a lot of fun this month.  For example, Kieran discovered the joy of toilet papering himself.
We had a great time dyeing Easter eggs with my friend Janine, and my sister Katie.  Janine stayed for a few days and Kieran had a great time showing off all his skills to someone new.

The weather is starting to get warmer here, so we've been outside whenever possible.  Mike mowed the lawn for the first time this year, and Kieran was eager to watch and participate in whatever fashion possible.  Towmater has become an outdoor toy...no more denting up the walls inside.  So Kieran turned Towmater into "Mowmater".  (Lame joke, I know, but pretend to laugh for my benefit.)    



A couple of days ago, Kieran got a train set from my family.  He has been having a blast with it.  I captured his expression right as he walked into the room and saw it for the first time.  He was so shocked, he didn't know what to think for a minute.   Thank you family!!



Yesterday we did more baking together; this time it was healthy banana muffins.  Kieran loves assisting me in the kitchen, and we both have such a good time creating something for everybody to enjoy.  I know I've said it before, but baking with your kids is an excellent bonding experience.  You get their five senses involved, everybody gets to participate and feel valued, and there's the sweet reward of sampling what you've made when it's done.  


Hope you have a sunny week!