Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mommy's sous-chef

Yesterday Kieran helped me make some pumpkin spice zucchini bread. This was our first time baking together. He absolutely loved it! Of course, he got flour everywhere while he stirred the dry ingredients, but I didn't care. Next time I'll remember to use a bigger bowl.


If you have some zucchini to use up, try this recipe; it's super easy and delicious! (By the way, thanks mom for the recipe and supplying the zucchini from your garden.)

Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Bread
In a large bowl, blend three eggs. Then add 1 cup oil and 2 cups of sugar. (I used 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar.) Stir mixture until blended and then mix in 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini. In a separate bowl, mix 3 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1tsp. soda, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, and 1 TB pumpkin pie spice. Pour flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir till fully blended. {If you want to jazz up the bread you can also add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.} Pour batter into two greased 9 x 5 loaf pans and bake for 65-70 minutes at 325 degrees. Enjoy!


We sampled the bread while it was still warm. Yum!! Kieran thought it was delicious. He kept asking for more, so I taught him to say, "Mmm...good!" I love my little sous-chef!